I’m really hoping we’re into the final inning of this renovation.It’s starting to feel like it’s really dragging on and it just needs to be done now! I think it’s because it almost maybe starting to feel like spring, and all of our stuff is in storage; summer clothes and shoes that aren’t for winter, summer tires, etc… We were not anticipating this reno to take this long, so we packed our ‘necessities’ to get us through Christmas basically- I never dreamed it would take us till spring. Bah. Now for a photo dump of house progress:
and a list update:
the bathrooms have been tiled, they just need to be grouted & sealed.
- Trim needs to be added everywhere. just the bedroom needs to be done
- closet in the master bedroom and downstairs bedroom #3 completed. Halfway there
- Kitchen needs to be finished ( most of the cupboards and counter-top have been installed). just a few bits left now.
- Unpack and put new appliances in place. fridge is in. stove and dishwasher needs to be done
- All plumbing has to be finished and fixtures added (
toilets, faucets, etc.) figure out some way to finish the stairs ( we were going to do carpet, but cant get anything installed for 10-14 days, which doesn’t work for us. if anyone has a good plan B idea, let’s hear it!)
- final day of electrical work
Figure out a way to finish the step from kitchen down to living room finish off the trapdoor & add handle install interior doors install small things likemirrors in bathroom, mailbox, new door handles & locks
- paint exterior doors and
install new windows in them
- final city inspection
- and probably a million other things we’re overlooking, but all to be followed by a massive cleaning sesh to get rid of all that plaster dust!
We will probably spend this long Easter weekend on final details and cleaning up… wish us luck!!