We’re almost there people! We’re into the home stretch! We are hoping, praying, longing, yearning, wishing, demanding, that the house is finished this week. And things are looking promising, our contractor has promised us it will be finished for Friday.
To be completed before Friday:
- the bathrooms have been tiled, they just need to be grouted & sealed.
- Trim needs to be added everywhere.
- Kitchen needs to be finished ( most of the cupboards and counter-top have been installed).
- Unpack and put new appliances in place .
- All plumbing has to be finished and fixtures added ( toilets, faucets, etc.)
- figure out some way to finish the stairs ( we were going to do carpet, but cant get anything installed for 10-14 days, which doesn’t work for us. if anyone has a good plan B idea, let’s hear it!)
- final day of electrical work
- Figure out a way to finish the step from kitchen down to living room
- finish off the trapdoor & add handle
- install interior doors
- install small things like mirrors in bathroom, mailbox, new door handles & locks
- paint exterior doors and install new windows in them
- final city inspection
- and probably a million other things we’re overlooking, but all to be followed by a massive cleaning sesh to get rid of all that plaster dust!
bathroom: tiled, vanity half-way installed, close up of tile, and the vessel sinks we bought:
New stainless steel appliances( stove and dishwasher still in boxes):
Wish us luck on accomplishing our crazy to-do list this week!